Monday, March 8, 2010

Oriental Cravings, 1Utama


Hello guys, as I've promised to update my Malaysia trip foodies and today I'll bring you guys to 1Utama shopping mall which is located in Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

My bro Benson brought me to this place called Oriental Cravings to try their "Nga Pou Lou Shu Fen". The word "Nga Pou" in Cantonese means clay pot whereas the word "lou shu fen" (directly translated as rat's tail noodle) is a type of rice noodle which is semi translucent and is shaped like a rat's tail. This noodle dish is something that I could not find at all in Melbourne, I miss it so much that I would've eaten the clay pot itself !



Clay pot "lou shu fen"

Clay pot lou shu fen is a very common noodle dish that can be found in Malaysian Chinese coffee shops or at food courts. It is cooked with minced pork and you have a choice of adding a raw egg into it which of course will become cooked by the sizzling hot clay pot. A very nice combination with juicy minced pork and mixed with raw eggs on a dry "lou shu fen".



Rice wine chicken and served with rice.

They do serve other delicious Malaysian Chinese dishes as well. So do check it out when you guys are there! But what I can say is, the clay pot "lou shu fen" is a must try dish when you are there! No regrets !

2 Thumbs up !!

No comments:

Post a Comment