Friday, September 10, 2010

Pancake Train, Margate

Tasmania has such beautiful scenery and delicious food that I couldn't stop taking photos and introduce the places to all of you guys who read my blog.

1st stop that I'll bring you guys to is this place that serves very nice pancakes. The unique thing bout this place is that the shops are on an old train. Other than enjoying nice food and views, you can also get to experience eating on the train.




Beef Strogonoff

Everything here is served with pancakes. This is the beef strogonoff with beef strips in a rich sauce seasoned with dijion mustard. According to my dad, that's by far the nicest beef strogonoff he has ever had.


Rocky Road

I really like the Rocky Road, the pancakes are served with rich chocolate ice cream, chocolate mousse, marshmallow and peanuts. I would prefer to have this with lesser mousse and more chocolate ice cream.


Berry Delight

Berry Delight here is served with different types of berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, boysenberries and blackberries. To my surprise, this pancake dish is not very sweet.

The pancake train is operated by a young couple, too bad they don't serve dinner and are only open from 9am to 5pm. Therefore, be sure to make it early if you don't want to miss out the extra delicious pancakes here!

My Ratings;

-Environment: 3/4
-Foods: 3/4
-Price: 4/4
-Service: 4/4

1567 Channel Highway,
Margate, TAS 7054.

03 6267 1120

3 comments:

  1. Squee! It's actually a train - who woulda thunk it?! That Rocky Road dessert looks crazy-intense-sweet-good, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about this when I last visited Tassie! I'm going to have to try and go for this the next time I visit. It sounds like so much fun!

    Tho the Rocky Road dessert looks like it's way too sweet tho..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hannah @Celeste Yes it's actually in a train with old looking luggage pieces and pictures!! Really nice place for breakfast or tea.

    Oh and I forgot to mention that the Rocky Road is not on the menu. It's on the Specials board so be sure to ask for it when you guys are there!

    It's not a sinful dessert if it's not sweet !!

    ReplyDelete