Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to make "Onigiri"

Hi everyone, from today onwards, FnP will also be blogging about recipes to help you in making something easy and fast to fill up your tummy.

I've ask my dad to teach me how to make Onigiri. Onigiri is basically a rice ball that you can eat with nori wrapped on the outer layer or with different fillings.



He told me that this onigiri that he made is called "Yaki Onigiri Ocha Zeke" which includes the below ingredients:

- Rice
- Nori
- Itokazuri Boshi (Bonito flakes)
- Shoyu (Japanese soy auce)

Basically what you need to do is mixed in the Nori (seaweed) and Itokazuri boshi (bonito flakes) with cooked rice and shape them into a triangle. After you have done shaping them, all you need to do is brush some Shoyu (Japanese soy sauce) on the top and grill them until it turns golden brown and crispy.

My dad also told me that this is also nice to be eaten with green tea bonito soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment